TRPC Sponsor Meeting Minutes: March 10, 2020
TRPC Minutes March 10, 2020, 7pm at the Dennis/McGonagill’s
Members attending: Rachel, Alex, Lucy, Sophie, Amelia, Sophia, Evelyn
Sponsors attending: Chris, Lara, Jessica and Molly
Secretary’s Report – Molly: Minutes approved from last meeting. We are working on getting thank you notes and $25 gift cards sent to Winter Camp instructors, Kate Kostenbader and Maya Losnedahl.
Treasurer’s Report – Cornelia: All records have been updated and bank accounts reconciled. Our Winter Camp net amount was $311. We currently have a bank balance of $4,565.26. Last year we netted $1,413,47. We did not need to file a 1099 for instructors the past year. TRPC paid for quiz rally for 3 members: Hana, Alex and Amelia. Budget notes and Budget can be found here:
Last month’s unmounted topic was, “Changes to the USPC Eventing Standards,” taught by Emma Schmitz. USPC will be offering a webinar on this topic on March 18, 2020 at 8 PM. https://www.ponyclub.org/Members/Webinars/
Tonight’s unmounted topic is, “Foxhunting” taught “by consensus”
Hana, Alex and Amelia attended Quiz Rally. They were on scramble teams and both teams won 1st Place! Congratulations girls!
Need a parent coordinator for April and May for mounted lessons on Saturdays. An email will be sent out asking for volunteers.
Change in BCF Fees
• $100/day to rent the facility for clinics and certifications
• $10 trailer in fee for clinics and certifications
• $20 stall fee, includes first bag of shavings
Report from Regional Meeting – Lara
• Alex, Rachel, and Amelia attended “Teach to Teach” clinic with Ali Glenn
• Lara attended NCPR Regional Meeting
- NCPR currently has 11 clubs(10 are active – Silver Bits is the inactive club),2 Riding Centers (riding business with Pony club operating out of it),159 members
- Big push from Nationals (occurred in Seattle in January) to increase membership although all youth organizations are experiencing declining enrollments
- Some marketing ideas:
- Flyers at feed stores such as Solon Feed Mill and maybe Theisens.
- Local magazines
- Booths at county fairs (USPC will ship us booth stuff, we pay shipping of $50)
- At this time, we are going to look more at gaining membership with other riding centers in the area like Greenbriar Riding Academy.
- Nationals says IRS says we should include all our “assets” – how do we want to do this with our cross-country jumps? New jumps in similar styles to ours range between $1000-$1300. Perhaps we should start with $500 per jump?
- Youth Board is being restarted. This is a group that will meet 2 to 3 times per year with representatives from each club/riding center. The Region voted to allow members who are at least age 12 and D2 to participate and who are who at least age 13 and D3 to vote. The initial group elected officers: Katie Frese is chair (from Grand Prairie Pony Club), Amelia is co-chair, Rachel is Secretary, Alex is Treasurer (minimum age of 18)
Spring and Fall Certifications – Lara
• TRPC hosting spring, QCPC hosting fall
• Spring certifications will be held on Saturday, May 30th. The National Examiner will be Kim Lowman Vollmer.
• Per day cost is $500 + mileage in addition to the $100 to BCF. Kim will do certifications on Saturday and a clinic on Sunday (the 31st).
• Please print your forms and checklists and start preparing now during lessons so there isn’t a huge rush right before they are due.
• Signed intent forms, payment, and signed checklists from your instructor are due to Lara no later than April 30th.
• You can access the intent form and a link to the checklists here: https://timberridgeponyclub.org/forms-and-standards/
Here is what I have for candidates (ALL ARE TENTATIVE)
D2 – Sophia
D3 – Evelyn
C1 Jump – Amelia
Don’t know about QCPC yet
D2 – Hana, Lucy
D3 flat – Erin
D3 – Sophie
C1 – Bella
Madeline and Olivia undecided as they look for horses
Alex, Rachel, Emma doing national certifications
Tack Sale – Lara
• Will be held at BCF in conjunction with Jane McDowell Clinic on Saturday, April 11th. Jane’s clinic cost is $45 per rider
• Sponsors will sort through all donated items at unmounted meeting on Tuesday, April 7th.
• If people want to sell bigger ticket items (more than $50), they will need to tag it with price and agree that 20% of purchase price will be donated to club.
• Everything else can be purchased for a donation of any amount. This makes it easier to sell and we often get more money this way.
• We will set up a sign-up to help run the sale and also bring food for a meal during the day.
Unmounted Topics – what are some ideas for unmounted meeting topics for 2020? Speech Teacher in April or May to discuss projection and making yourself heard. Certification prep/review. Emergency dismounts/rolling away from your mount perhaps taught by a TaeKwonDo instructor. First aid/bleeding control – Dr. Pat McGonagill
Calendar – https://timberridgeponyclub.org/calendar/
Our next meeting is April 7, 2020 at 7pm. Unmounted topic TBD.