TRPC – Meeting Minutes (August 19th)
Date – August 19th, Lang-Fallon home
TRPC Sponsors: Chris Sharp, Cami Dykstra, Cornelia Lang, Kim Salm, and Lara Marsh
Guests: Molly Dennis, CC Green, Bridget Brenton, Sarah Hansen
Welcome New Members and Invited Guests
- Sarah and Matt Hansen – Charlotte, 9 years old, D1 from Missouri, member HVPC, new member
- Molly Dennis and Patrick McGonagill – Sophia, 7 years old, unrated, new member
- Bridget and Curt Brenton – Sophia, 12 years old, unrated, about to join
- CC and Tyler Green – Bella, 14 years old, D2, member of SBPC
- Secretary’s Report
- Cornelia presented the minutes from the last sponsors meeting (April 17) and they were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Cami presented the report on the finances.
- We made ~$489.87 for the club at the Catalpa Derby over Memorial Day weekend (May 2018) by selling lunches. Thanks to Chris Sharp for organizing. The offerings were a huge success!
- Remember, members can request a $50 reimbursement for attending PC events. Get in touch with Cami with receipts and paperwork to use this option.
- Lara suggested that sponsors can look at other regions (especially their Facebook pages) to get ideas for rallies and camps, clinics to attend, etc.
- Heartland Region
- Lakeshore Region
- Midwest Region
- Ours: North Central Prairie Region
- Timber Ridge Pony Club Gear
- We are looking into online store options for members, sponsors who want to order gear
- Bridget will look into an option that was used at Shimek School that was an easy to use one
- Cami looking into best options for getting all members TRPC club polo shirts to wear at rallies
A Summary of Summer 2018 Events Related to TRPC
- May 1st – Unmounted meeting on Nutrition from Purina Rep. Joel Edge
- Mill Creek PC Eventing Rally (May 12-14 2018)
- Two PC teams: TRPC and QCPC
- Both teams did really well at the event
- The event is extremely well organized and highly recommended!
- Christian Kennedy Memorial Derby (Memorial Day, late May 2018)
- TRPC sold food at lunch and made a nice profit (see above)
- Many members competed and did well
- QCPC Summer Camp (June 4-8, 2018)
- Attended by Anna, Amelia, Rachel, Alex, Kyla, and Evelyn as well as members from QCPC
- Clinicians were great and the venue at Winds Reach worked out really well. Thanks to the TRPC families who helped to support their accommodations.
- Thanks to all the parent volunteers for helping and making the camp a huge success!
- Thanks especially to the Marsh Family for letting the campers stay at their house for those nights!
- NCPR Regional Rally – NCPR (June 15-17, 2018)
- Show Jump and Dressage Events
- TRPC represented in two different teams: Eveyln, Rachel and Alex and did really well!
- C Camp (Heartland Region (Indiana)) – Melanie Kording (early July)
- D3 and up
- Practice with other horses
- Alex and Rachel attended
- Unmounted Meeting on July 17th – Sports Psychologist, Dr. Aubrette Kinne
- Topic was “Dealing with negativity” while Training
- Members who were there said it was great and really helpful.
- Volunteer Work at Catalpa on July 25th
- Several members and sponsors were there: Alex, Anna, Lara, Cami, and Cornelia
- Thanks also to sponsor Cami for her donations and volunteer work organized – everything looked really good!
- Members and sponsors painted XC Jumps and did some landscaping
- Volunteer Work at Catalpa on August 2nd
- Distributed shavings for the recognized event
- Thanks to Cami, Chris, Evelyn (and her brothers!), Lara, Alex, Rachel, Dianna (and Sean!)
- BCF Lessons with Andria occurred throughout the end of the summer, with unmounted topics presented by Andria and/or Alex.
- July 6th, July 13th, July 19th, July 27th, August 3rd, 10th, 17th
- Congrats to Alex Marsh for passing her HB certification in Wisconsin in early August!!!
Certifications: who is planning on certifying this October? See deadline dates below.
- Forms are available on our TRPC website (let Lara know if any troubles)
- Two forms need to be filled out well before Certification Day: Intent to Certify and Checklist
- Sophia B.: D1
- Bella: D3?
- Rachel: C2HM
- Charlotte: D2HM?
- Evelyn: D2-HM and D2-Flat
Wulf Run Derby at Wulf Run Farm in Davenport, IA (September 29th)
- Bella is going (Beginner Novice)
- Other members are interested in attending: Amelia, Kyla, ?
Private Lessons at BCF with Andria (Incl. PC Unmounted Topic)
- Does Saturday at 12:30pm – 3:30pm through the fall?
- All present generally agreed that this is a good time
- Coordinating of lessons through FB Messenger
- Ideally, all riders would stay for entire time to help other students, help Andria, clean up around the barn, observe other riders, etc. (fine if it doesn’t work out all the time)
- There are times when a member will assist in teaching the lesson with Andria.
TRPC Annual Meeting
- Tuesday, October 16th, 2018 at 7 pm
- Nominating Committee presents a slate of officers to the rest of the membership
- It was decided that Chris Sharp and Kim Salm and Molly Dennis will be the nominating committee this year
BCF Work Day/Tack sale at BCF – Saturday, October 20th, 2018
- Cornelia will organize all details around the Tack Sale
- Jobs for the work day will be set in consultation with the Pooleys but will involve: weed whacking, weeding, water tanks, staining XC jumps, grain buckets, clean up viewing area; power washing
2018 Calendar (all HM topics are tentative; some will be taught by members):
- 8/26 – Jane McDowell Clinic at BCF
- Schedule to be set by Lara – flat in the morning, jump in the afternoon
- Schedule to be emailed and posted in the next week
- 9/1 – Intent to Certify forms and payment due to Lara (Certification by Sarah Shade)
- 9/2 – Michelle Mercier Clinic at BCF
- Sign up online with Lara
- 9/8 – Private Lessons at BCF with Erin (?) HM topic: assigned horse breeds
- 9/15 – Private Lessons at BCF with Andria – HM topic: presentation on horse breeds
- 9/18 – TRPC Unmounted meeting; Member HM topic: presenting yourself for certification
- 9/22 – Private Lesson at BCF with Andria – HM topic: how to complete a record book
- 9/29 – 9/30 – NCPR D/C Eventing Rally
- 10/1 – Signed Checklist for certifying due to Lara
- 10/5 – ISU Field Trip for those members who can attend for the day trip
- 10/13 – Certifications with Sarah Shade (QCPC jointly certifying)
- 10/14 – Sarah Shade Clinic (QCPC too)
- 10/16 – TRPC Unmounted meeting – Annual Meeting; Member topic: leg anatomy
- 10/20 – TRPC Work Day, Tack Sale, Potluck
- 10/27 – Private Lessons at BCF – HM topic: act out stable vices
- 11/3 – Private lessons at BCF with Andria – HM topic: act out stable vices
- 11/3 – NCPR Regional Meeting
- 11/10 – Private Lessons at BCF with Andria – HM topic: measuring the height of a mount
- 11/13 – TRPC Unmounted meeting ; Member topic: Homemade horse treats
- 11/17 – Private Lessons at BCF with Andria – HM topic: noticing signs of distress in a mount
- NO LESSONS 11/24
- 12/18 – TRPC End of Year Celebration
Next Meeting: Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 7pm