TRPC Meeting Minutes – November 12, 2019
TRPC Minutes – November 12, 2019, 7pm at the Marshs
Members attending: Rachel, Alex, Hana, Lucy, Amelia, Sophia, Evelyn
Sponsors attending: Lara, Molly, Jessica, Cornelia, Amy, Chris
- Secretary’s Report – Chris – There were no changes to the 9/17 or the 10/8 minutes and they were approved as is.
- Treasurer’s Report – Cornelia – Shared in new business below.
- Catalpa ODE – Chris – We had a successful fundraising lunch at the Catalpa ODE in October. Susan Brigham bought all the food and we also did well in donations. Profit of about $360 after expenses.
- Saddle sale – Lara – Susan Brigham had donated her son, Madison’s, saddle to the club. It was sold and the club made $412.
- Liam’s tree – Lara – The tree to honor Kate’s horse, Liam has been purchased and planted on the east side of the pond at BCF.
- The last unmounted meeting was saddle fitting taught by Emma Frimml on 10/8.
- Tonight’s unmounted topic is bits – Rachel, Amelia, Evelyn teaching.
- NCPR Regional Meeting Update – Lara
- Regional numbers peaked in 2015 and have been declining since. Region wide the highest numbers are in the D levels.
- Insurance needs to be entered on National website for each day the location is used – the secretary will record these dates going forward.
- Upper Level Program – Julia Davies is stepping down and the region is looking for people interested in organizing the mounted and unmounted upper level program. Julia has everything organized in a way that will be easy to inherit. If interested, talk to Lara.
- Basket donation requested from each club for Quiz Rally – we will use a gear backpack and water bottle as our basket donation.
- Youth Board – The region is wanting to revive the youth board. This is a good leadership opportunity available to D3 and above who are 13 and older. Lara will send an email to all who are eligible in the spring.
- 2020 USPC Membership Renewals:
- Renew ONLINE by November 15th and save $10
- Everyone should’ve received an email with instructions on renewing
- Regional Membership fees – $35 payable to TRPC
- Local Membership fee – $80 payable to TRPC
- Sponsor fee – $5/sponsor payable to TRPC
- 2019 Reimbursement Requests were turned in to Cornelia and checks were written for reimbursement.
- Nominating Committee – Molly, Amy and Bridget served on the nominating committee.
- Nominated were Lara Marsh as DC, Chris Sharp as DC Elect, Cornelia Lang as Treasurer and Molly McGonagill as secretary. It was moved and seconded to vote – all approved as nominated.
- QCPC/PJPC Coordination – Lara
- Winter Camp – We will plan and host a winter camp Jan 25/26 at the McGonagill house. Cost will likely be $50. Cornelia, Chris, Amy and Lara will work together to get the planning started.
- Summer Camp – options were discussed and we decided against joining either the QCPC or PJPC in planning their summer camps. Our members will be invited to both and will have the option to attend.
- 2020 Budget – Cornelia presented the budget for 2020 and also the 2019 budget to date.
Our next meeting is December 10 @ 7pm at the Marshs. This will be our end of 2019 celebration!