TRPC Sponsor Meeting Minutes: February 11, 2020
TRPC Minutes February 11, 2020, 7pm at the Dennis/McGonagill’s
Members attending: Rachel, Alex, Hana, Olivia, Amelia, Sophia, Evelyn, Emma
Sponsors attending: Chris, Cornelia and Molly
Secretary’s Report – Molly: Minutes approved from our last official meeting from November 12,2019. December 10, 2019 was the TRPC End of Year/Holiday Party. January 14, 2020 meeting on concussions and head injuries by Geoff Lauer was well received by both sponsors and members. All officers will be completing their online training on Concussions and Heat Illness.
Treasurer’s Report – Cornelia: January deadline has been met to file TRPC’s 1099 form. There is a fiscal year end deadline in May, more updates will be provided at our March 12 meeting.
- Feedback: Overall a productive and well received Winter Camp. We think having older TRPC members help with the younger member’s presentations in order to meet presentation time requirements would be helpful. We agree maybe more games/crafts for next year. Also, the older members can quiz younger members.
- Income and Expenses. $600 income, $300 expenses
Tonight’s unmounted topic is ”Changes to the USPC Eventing Standards” taught by Emma Schmitz.
Officers present agreed to table the following at the March 10, 2020 when more sponsors are present:
Spring and Fall Certifications – Chris
- Certifications jointly planned with QCPC. Spring will be hosted by TRPC. Fall will be hosted by QCPC. Examiners are TBD.
- Emails will be sent to see who plans on to certify in Spring or Fall and for what levels.
Tack Sale – Chris
- Will be held at BCF in conjunction with Jane McDowell Clinic on Saturday, April 18th We plan to include water bottles for sale
- Sponsors will sort through all donated items at unmounted meeting on Tuesday, April 14th
- If people want to sell bigger ticket items (more than $50), they will need to tag it with price and agree that 20% of purchase price will be donated to club.
- Everything else can be purchased for a donation of any amount. This makes it easier to sell and we often get more money this way.
- We will set up a sign-up to help run the sale and also to bring food for a meal during the day.
Unmounted Topics – what are some ideas for unmounted topics for 2020? We thought First Aid/Emergency care would be a good topic. We can split that up into at least a couple meetings including bleeding control taught by Dr. Patrick McGonagill and heat related illnesses as we approach summer riding season.
Our next meeting is March 10, 2020 at 7pm. Unmounted Topic to TBD. Sponsors need to select someone to handle scheduling for BCF Lessons.